Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rollin', Rollin' Rollin'.....

 On Tuesday, we began the lengthy trek back to Arkansas.  3 days of driving.  Yikes!  It actually went astonishingly well. The kids were really good, the audiobook was fabulous, the 5-Hour Energy drinks were effective, and the snacks were plentiful. But enough talk, let me show you how it went!

We wandered around a little town looking for a gas station and found this little gem of a park.  Potty break and fun stuff to climb on score!

Rylee said, "Take a picture of me!" and I did.

Joshua had to pose as well. Yeah, we think we're sooooo funny!

Always lots of helpers when we stop for gas. 

Hanging out at McDonalds.

We had way too many burgers in those 3 days!

 It was really pretty to drive through Colorado and Kansas. We did stop in Kansas to get the tires balanced. Who knew that really unbalanced tires could make the car vibrate badly enough to cause the engine to misfire and have issues?!!  We were able to drive over 70 mph without the engine light coming on after getting that taken care of.
(However, both the local mechanic and tire guy swear they've never heard of such a thing and it isn't possible  that tires could cause an engine problem.  To them I say, "hmmmm, I haven't had an issue with the engine light coming on since the tires got balanced." )

This rest stop had these great rocks just perfect for climbing on.

And if there is no "Keep Off" sign, then these kids are gonna climb 'em!

And then they're going to pose for pictures.

 And I might even be persuaded to pose with them!

This rest stop had a fun wall to climb on.  And I suppose if it is there, it must be climbed and posed on.

I guess a Superman Pose is better from the side.  I love my little hams!

Delaney is all tuckered out from the looooong hours in the car.

Sweetest picture!  Joshua was fully engrossed with his game on the laptop, but he was willing to let Rylee nap on his shoulder.  So cute!

We spent the last night on the road at Fort Riley, and the kids loved the park there.  It was nice to let them run around and burn off energy before bed.  It is getting dark here but they didn't want to quit.

Did I mention that Dan flew home directly from Salt Lake?  Grandpa was my copilot on this trip, and it did make things go better.

Wahoo!  We made it to Arkansas! Almost there now.

One last potty break and game of tag.

We finally arrived back and Grandma and Grandpa's house Thursday evening.  I unloaded and Aaaack!  Now I have to deal with unpacking all this!

No comments: