Since we were driving through Denver, I swung by the Temple. It was a lovely place to take a break from the van.
It took me a bit to realize it was closed because it was the 4th of July!
It was a good thing i got my serenity on before we left Denver, because we spent the next 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic. It was dreadful. Not for the kids, I guess, they were pleased as punch to sit and listen to the story.
The delay added 2 hours to the drive time. I was really glad we had a pool at the hotel. The kids were pinging off the walls when we checked in.
They got their wiggles out in the pool and played and played for over an hour.
Dan is the one who usually takes them to the pool at hotels, and I was ready to go before the kids. They could have played all night, I think. This was one of the times I especially missed having Dan on the journey.
We stayed till it was well past dinner time and I was hungry! We had a late dinner and late bedtime.
We drove through a bit of this. It was exciting to see the mountains, and to have them get closer and closer, till we were driving through them!
We made it to Utah! This was the best rest stop ever, by the way. I loved that they had this sign that we could pose with. And then....
There was this awesome little mountain to hike up! The kids were in love and dashed right up.
Well, except for Delaney, who walked up with me.
On top of the World!
Falling off the world!
Yeah, Joshua thinks he is pretty funny, but this was a good pose.
Its me, on top of the world. It really was great to get the kids out and hiking a mountain for a bit.
And off we went, into the hot, brown mountains. Then we got to Grandma and Grandpa's and I was so happy there will be no more driving for a week. I was SO tired. Hmmmmm... I still am!

1 comment:
You are much better at single parent traveling than I!!
We had the same problem with the van on the way through the mountains -- only my trac off and vsc lights came on too. I stopped to get it checked out and it read that some of my cylinders misfired but they were running fine again.
I tried to make it home in 2 days. I went from Mapleton Utah to Witchita, KS. It was supposed to be 15 hours but really it was 19. It didn't help that we had to quick stop at Melinda's apartment and fold towels, make beds and clean her bathroom before she got back. We didn't get to the hotel until 2am. Then I was too tired to continue home that day, so we stopped at Miranda's. That worked out well because we got to watch their neighbors crazy amount of fireworks before heading home. You make the whole driving, stopping, driving, stopping, driving, stopping... process sound much better that I find it to be =>
Post a Comment