Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, March 29, 2013

There's a WHAT in my back yard?!

I may have mentioned that we live in an alligator infested swamp.  Oddly enough, all my friends and neighbors see them all the time, but in the 19 months that we have lived here, I have only seen one other alligator, outside of the zoo.  Today was my lucky day!

Yep, we saw this little guy in the canal that runs in front of our house.  Granted, he was a lot further down the canal and nowhere near the front of my house, but I finally saw an alligator!. 

 The little pipe there is his home.  My friend said he's there all the time on either side of the pipe.  That pipe goes under the road and exits in the other canal right by the playground. Yippee.  There's an alligator living right by the playground!

He really is just a little guy.  Maybe 4 feet long.  I let Levi go up to check him out.  I know, one of those things that in hindsight is really bad when things go south.  The alligator waited till the dog was a foot away and then made a spectacular splash and disappeared into his hidey hole. 

I can't wait to see him again!

No comments: