Delaney is a hoot. Last week she went through her "Broken Leg" syndrome for the second time. This involves wearing a knee sock on the "injured" leg and not bending that knee. She does have to wear a regular sock on the "not-injured" leg so she doesn't get confused. But this kid is good! She spends the entire week not bending the leg. And she never forgets and accidentally bends it. I confess to dissolving in a mess of giggles as I watched her hop-gallop across the street to school. She is speedy! Even with one gimpy leg, the kid can hustle! It is a huge pain in the behind though, so I am really glad she's "healed". If she ever takes up acting, she will be great at it.
Today the children seemed to be having a hard time with a lot of things. Or maybe it was just me. Rylee didn't have a nap, so she was tired and needy. Joshua was grumpy about having to go to the chiropractor. Callie kept playing with stuff in the glove box and using her toes to poke things in the van, and Delaney took off her seatbelt right after we drove through the front gate. At least that's when I hope it came off; that's when I noticed it anyway. So there might have been a little voice-raising on that one from me. I was feeling a bit put out, and to make it worse, it was leftovers night. We have LOTS of leftovers in the fridge, but when that is what we're having for dinner, it seems like no one wants to eat and it is a lengthy process and we don't really sit down for dinner.
The older girls had already run out to see who was playing at the park and I was pulling food out when Delaney came over and said, "I know you're having a hard time putting up with me, so I'm going to go to Jaden's house, okay?"
Sigh. I love that kid! How cute is she?
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment