Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Stuff that Happened

Marian received some super-awesome paints and brushes for her birthday.  She was really excited to try them out and painted this awesome chicken!
These paints are especially nice as they dry quickly and can be painted over.  A detail Marian was quite pleased about.  Why a chicken?  I don't know.  She googled pictures and settled on the rooster.  And I think she did a marvelous job!  (Thanks Grandma White!!)

For school, Callie had to do a "Living Museum".  She was suppose to choose a job , or what she wanted to be when she grew up.  She was suppose to research this job and write up a 2 minute shpiel on it.  On Thursday, parents were invited to go see the kids present it.  The children each had a sticker on their shoulder for you to "push".  Pushing their button made them give their prepared speech about the job. 

Some kids got way into it.  Callie did not want to stop playing outside and come in to work on it.  Her reporting was sparse and not as well done as it could have been.  Some kids had poster boards and awesome dress ups.  Callie brought her little dog and used it as a prop, and had some details that were not necessarily based on fact or research.  She did a dang good job for the amount of work and preparation that went into it! I went, I poked her and heard her shpiel (for the 10th time!!) and saw some of the other kids before Rylee and her antics necessitated leaving.  Callie said she enjoyed it and it was fun.

This is just an awesome cake I wanted to remember.  One of my running friends made this for another. It is a Pinata Cake!  She said she cooked 2 cakes in 2 bowls that were the same size and shape, to get 2 half circle cakes.  (Or, and Delaney corrected me.... "spheres".)  Then she scooped out the middle of the 2 cakes and filled them with easter candy.  Yep, all kinds, from jelly beans to rolos to peanutbutter cups.  She then covered the hole filled with candy with parchment paper, flipped one half onto the other and slid the parchment paper out.  Then she frosted it and amazed us at a get together!

This?  Well, this is just a picture of a cute kid I know!  She had her very first field trip this week.  It was so exciting she actually woke up an hour early to be ready.  It was kind of nice to not be hurrying her up to get ready for once!   She had a marvelous time and was so excited that she finally got to ride on a bus.  And the Children's Museum was great.  She had a really good time.

This is Levi.  I went to the park with some friends on Friday morning.  Since it was a 1/2 mile walk, I took the dog.  Sadly, he was not very well behaved while we hung out at the park.  I may need to reassess the value of him getting a walk vs the value of my peace and quiet. 

Rylee had a marvelous time at the park!  She had a good time running around.  It was a glorious day.  After a week of chilly temperatures, it got up to 75 and Rylee ended up with pink cheeks.

No comments: