Monday, after the kids got home from school, I had to run out to return a child I'd been babysitting. I returned home to find that they'd been quite industrious during the time I'd been away. They were busy baking boats.
Rather interesting boats. I think they went through a package of paper plates. I thought about being cross over it, but realized for $2, they were having a lot of fun and DOING something. That's definitely worth $2!
They had used masking tape and duct tape to make their creations and they had definitely used their imaginations!
I admit that I was pretty impressed with some of their ingenuity. And their art. The little flag poles were especially cute, I thought. But why were they making boats, you ask?
Because it was pouring down rain. The canals were filled with rushing water and the kids had the brilliant idea to make boats to float down it.
They had made several variations of boats to see what worked and what did not. They also were trying out different models to see if they could create a boat that would survive a trip through the pipe.
Marian's boat sailed along the canal nicely.
As did Callie's. Sadly, none of them made it through the pipe intact. But they sure had a lot of fun trying! I love that my kids were so creative and had such a good time.

No comments:
Post a Comment