I am the Sunday School Teacher for the adult class at church. Not my favorite calling, since I feel inadequate to the task, and I feel grumpy investing so much time to it every single week. I know, bad attitude. I'm working on it. I'm also working on the procrastination. I usually am fairly well prepared, but I tend to wait till Saturday night to write down all my thoughts.
This week I kind of got distracted and I did wait until Saturday night to really look at and prep my lesson. I know, bad idea. Don't judge me. It was Daylight Savings night as well, so herding the kids to bed took longer than usual since I wanted them to bed early, and they just knew it. To make it even better, I was struggling with the content of the lesson. My lack of desire to teach the subject meant I was up pretty late.
Then I coughed half the night. And Rylee coughed the other half. (That means she would wake up crying and I had to go tuck her in again, and again, and again....!) And we lost an hour of sleep. And I woke up grumpy because I was tired and being tired makes me grumpy.
On the plus side, we managed to get all the kids out of bed, dressed, fed and in the car on time! Even better, no one was crying! I was elated.
Then I got to church and realized Dan had not brought my church bag into the car. I'm not sure why I thought he had, but I was certain I'd seen him grab it. He hadn't and I was church bag-less. That means, I had no scriptures, no lesson manual, and no notes on my lesson. AAAACK! And there was no going back for it since its a 45 minute round trip home, and Dan was speaking in church. Super.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment