Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tidbits

I have to share a story about today. I had Milk Duds for the kids for General Conference. I make them go to the Sunday Morning Session at the building. It is not very fun and I never get as much out of it, but by golly, we are going to go to church on Sunday! Anyway, they were not well enough behaved to even bother trying to bribe them with the treat, so I waited till they were in the car buckling up to head home before busting them out. Delaney managed to drop one of hers on the floor. As I was pulling the van out of the parking lot, I asked what happened to it. Joshua said he had stepped on it. I asked him to make sure the milk dud did not get left in the car. He said, "Too late, Marian ate it." I said "Eeeewwwww!"

Marian, in a perfectly reasonable voice said, "Why did you say eeewww? It was a MILK DUD!" Like it was perfectly reasonable to eat it because it was a milk dud, no matter where it had been! So funny!

And to randomly skip topics, Savannah went home on Thursday. It worked nicely because Uncle Dan came into town on Thursday. The kids were happy to see him.

Yep, very happy to see Uncle Dan!

I think Uncle Dan may have been thinking he was safer at home. He was a good sport and let them play jungle gym with him for a while. Perhaps I should keep him.

Uncle Dan was also useful in other ways! Callie's bike had a ripped tire and popped tube. I got the necessary replacement tire and tube, but had no clue how to replace them. Uncle Dan to the rescue! And he was good enough to let Callie be his assistant. She is now racing her bike all over the neighborhood again, and complaining that it is a boys bike.

And today, Delaney left her apple on the table. Rylee was thrilled to snatch it away.

She was so pleased with herself and her new gnoshing technique.

I was thoroughly amused by this. But it became less amusing as she forgot that she needed to swallow before biting off more. Apple eating ended after the gagging began.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Seeing Rylee with the apple reminds me of the first time Sarah ate an apple. She started at the stem end of the apple and proceeded to work her way down the apple. By the time she was finished, there was still half an apple left-- the bottom half. She had whittled away at the top half until it looked the same way a tree trunk does after a beaver is done with it-- bite marks and all.