Callie was sick all week long. She was so pathetic and oh, so cute. She was roasting hot and spent most of the days laying on the couch or my bed. She liked for me to make her a nest of pillows she could snuggle in.
I didn't go out much this week because Callie couldn't go out. I got wrapped up in my Quiet Book making and occasionally left Delaney to her own device while I was working. I was nearly finished the other afternoon and I looked up to see Delaney, falling asleep in the computer chair!
The poor little pickle had just conked out right there. I was afraid she was going to fall off, the way he head would nod down and jerk. She was too cute!
And Rylee.. ah, non-sleeping Rylee. She is working on growing some back teeth. She has very swollen gums as her molars think about making an appearance. This translates into not much in the way of napping, lots of night waking, and not staying asleep once she is asleep. This day she finally fell asleep after much grumping, but I had to leave in 15 minutes to go to an appointment. Sigh. I just lay her on the couch while I got everyone else ready. Then I took a picture.
And the last picture has nothing to do with sleep. We had the missionaries over for dinner and I made Chocolate Truffle Pie for them. The whole evening was kind of a comedy of errors, but it all began earlier that afternoon when I saw Delaney sneaking away from the refrigerator....
Little Stinkpot had been scooping out pie with her fingers! The evidence was on her chocolatey face. Grrr. Yes, we still served it and yes it was delicious.

1 comment:
I would love that recipe! looks yummy!
Post a Comment