I love Quiet Books. I love making them, I love playing with them, and I love the memories I have of the one my mom made for us when I was a kid. My sister suggested that her little manling might like a quiet book for Christmas and I was delighted to bust out my stuff to get started. The last time I did this, I had 2 different paperback tutorial books and a hardcover ABC tutorial book. I still have 2 of the 3 pattern books. The third actually was borrowed from my mom and I really hope I gave it back to her, because I cannot find it! The problem is that some of my favorite patterns are in my mom's book. I have been diligently searching online and there is a TON of great stuff out there! Unfortunately, I am not finding the specific patterns I want.
I do love all the variety that I am finding, although it is making things mighty difficult. So many choices! So many ideas! How can I do them all?!! Google "Quiet Book" and check out some of the great things people have done. Some are really simple, and some are pretty elaborate. I like to think that I fall in the middle, and I hope you will support me in this possible delusion.
I am in the throes of creating, so I am not fully finished with any pages, but I thought I'd show you what I have done so far. I am using muslin an the pages and mainly felt for the decor.
This will be the back page and it will hold a notebook and pen. This is the first page I worked on and I made the unfortunate discovery that my fabric pens are not up for another use. Please forgive the lack of polish on this one.
The red, yellow and green circles are velcroed on.
I thought this came out quite cute! And my family may understand why I made the apples large enough to not be eaten!! Plus, I don't have to make as many. The apples velcro on and can be put in the basket.
The fishing boy is one of my favorites. The fish are velcroed on, and can be put in the bucket. I still need to sew a loop on the fish mouths and I need to put the fishing line and hook in the boy's hand.
The kite is cute and simple to do, so I like it!
So, I am off to a roaring start and neglecting lots of other things to work on it all! If I remember, I'll post pictures of the finished product.. but I may have to wait till after Christmas!

3 comments:
That looks great! We have had a lot of fun with the quiet book you made for Sarah.
I really like the fishing boy. He looks really cute. One of the ones you did for us that I didn't see was the penguin one (where you have a penguin with a zipper up the middle and an egg-pocket inside with a smaller penguin inside of that).
So glad the apples are larger. I still laugh when I recall Adam's surprise! The book looks cute!
Oh, how cute it is!! Oh, you are so good to me! I love it all. M
Post a Comment