Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, May 12, 2008

Moving stinks

The movers come tomorrow! I hate this part. there is so much that needs to be done, but has to wait till the last minute. Ug. I was motivated and got almost everything done today: pictures down, wall spackled, suitcases packed, car half loaded, carpets vaccuumed and spot cleaned, cleaned out the fridge, cleaned the oven (okay, only as much as possible without actually having oven cleaner!), did 50 loads of laundry so that everything can be clean before it is packed and thrown into storage for 2 months... so many stupid little things. And I hate having to remember all the little details- I can't forget Callie's stuffed Cassie, or Joshua's green blanket, or Delaney's sippy cup, and a water bottle would be nice for me....

On the plus side, after tomorrow, most of this won't matter. We're moving, no matter how much I forget. And if I forget to pack something, I bet I can get it at Walmart!

So, they pack tomorrow and load the truck on Wednesday, and we drive to DC on Thursday. That's the schedule. We'll be in DC till Monday, then we head out to AR. I don't know how often I'll get to a computer, but I'll try to update when possible here. I am really going to miss my friends in NC. So many people have offered help and asked what they can do for me. I feel so blessed to have so many great friends. 2 of them brought us donuts tonight. I felt so loved, and I feel horrible about having to leave. This part stinks. I know I'll make new friends, but it really stinks to leave behind the friends I have now.

And on that cheery note, I have to go shred some documents that I forgot about!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Can't wait to see you here!