Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, January 3, 2020

Adventures with Katie: Snorkeling

Jan 3, we went snorkeling.  No one else wanted to come, so it was just me and Katie, which was fine. One of the coolest things about living on Okinawa is that it is surrounded by coral reefs and you can go out and snorkel almost anywhere.  We ended wetsuits and drove 15 minutes down to the Sunabe Sea Wall , and just hopped into the water.  The water was about 73 degrees, but still chilly enough to want the wetsuit!

You can see the housing right there in the background.  We did have to walk out a fair bit to get to water deep enough to swim in though.  

I got a knock off GoPro and it is suppose to have filters to correct the water color, but I have not used it enough to know how to make that happen.  So you get green/blue pictures.  You can still see the fishies though!!

 And Katie

We had a good time and saw a lot of fish and stuff. 

The fish were not close enough to get good photos, but this is the coral reef. It does look way cooler in real life! 

Katie was super-brave and had no problem diving down to check stuff out. 

That is a puffer fish!  We saw tons of them! 

I am sad I could not get photos of the cool fish and their vibrant colors.  I'll have to figure out how to work the camera better before the next time out.

 Katie being cool.

An unintentional Dab?!

No comments: