Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Adventures with Katie: Peace Park Memorial

We were already down south and half the kids were already cranky about our outing, so I informed them that we would be heading over to the Peace Park Memorial before going home.  It was met with the expected lack of enthusiasm, but at that point, I did not care.  I dragged them the 10 minutes  over to the Memorial and off we went.
Note the delight on Rylee's face.

Not many photos of the park at all.  I sent those interested into the museum to see the giant Buddha and the rest meandered around.  This was the cool bell you could ring.  


Most of the kids headed to the big park and I took Katie, Dan and Callie to look at the memorial part. Somehow I did not take any pictures of that. But I got a selfie of my hair flying in the wind at the scenic overlook.

And it was a very pretty shoreline.

While getting ready to head back to the car, we saw this split in the cliff wall and had to investigate! It lead to this awesome trail and we had to explore it. 

Off we went down the jungle-ey trail....

....stopping for photo-ops to document the fun. 

The trail took us down to the shoreline, which was pretty cool.


 And we got even closer.  You could walk across the rocks all the way to the water.  I was tempted, but I was getting texts from Josh that the rest of the crew was waiting at the car. (I HAD old them we were heading back to the car!  But we got distracted!)

 Once we reached the end of the trail, we had to go back up it!

It was a very good time!

No comments: