Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, November 3, 2017

Rylee's loose tooth

 This kid kills me.  Every time she has a loose tooth she won't pull it, or really even wiggle it.  She says she DOES wiggle it, but she means only with her tongue, so it isn't actually getting much of a workout. Remember this past summer when we were at the Water Park and she had a dangling tooth she wouldn't pull out and she cried and whined and couldn't do anything?  Yeah, I forcefully pulled it and felt dreadful about it. So I had promised I would not do that again.

Which meant we were back in the same whining, crying position again with this tooth.  Darn thing was just dangling!  Which meant every time she closed her mouth it would clunk and she would cry.  So she couldn't eat anything.  She had a meltdown in the morning over breakfast she couldn't eat but I sent her off to school anyway.  She was fine.

But when she got home, it was all drama again.  She couldn't eat dinner, although she managed to suck 3 strands of spaghetti in through the other gap.  Dan said if she pulled it out he would take her to ice cream, and if she didn't, then he would take everyone else.  Of course, he ended up taking everyone, including Rylee.... with the tooth still dangling in her mouth!
And here she is.  Can't eat her ice cream with that tooth!

But everyone else can!

I thought for sure the tooth would fall out in the middle of the night.  I debated sneaking in to pull it while she was sleeping, but didn't.  The next morning it was more tears and complaints of how hungry she was.  I finally said that I was going to pull it out in 5 minutes. 

And I did.  She screamed and hollered and squalled like a baby bear, but I headlocked her and gave that silly tooth a tiny tug an out it popped.  She cried- mostly from relief, I expect, because she gave me a hug and said thank you. Then she ate a big breakfast and I drove her to school. 

 See, she was happy after it was gone! (Right front second tooth.)

No comments: