Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Rylee's China Trip: Part 1: Shanghai

 You may know that we take the kids on a big trip when they turn 8.  It started kind of on accident and turned into a traditions.  So each kid has had their own trip when they turned 8.  Rylee turned 8 this year and we had to come up with something she would enjoy.  And it was my turn to be the one who got to go.  I don't actually enjoy traveling, so it took a bit to come up with something I was comfortable with.  Thanks to the Asian Women's Conference, I was confident about Hong Kong, and I decided to stretch myself and add a little side trip to Shanghai in there.

Riles trip was a trip to Shanghai Disneyland, followed by Hong Kong Disneyland.  We did something unprecedented and I booked actual Disney Resort Hotels for all our nights. I printed itineraries ad plans and felt (mostly!)  prepared. We were going the week of Thanksgiving to minimize school days missed.  And as an added twist, Rylee had invited Delaney to come with her.

Monday right after school we went to the Naha Airport.  Here we are killing time with tasty ice cream while we wait to board our flight.

Me and my lovely ladies on the plane! 

Rylee enjoying the view from the Shanghai Disney Resort on Tuesday morning. 

It was a great view!  Can you see the Cinderella Castle there on the left? 

We sprung for the exorbitant breakfast buffet.  This was my first tray.  Yummy greens, Pork dumplings and a questionable steamed bun, croissant, and an egg.  Quite tasty! 

Croissant, pancakes and an Egg egg roll.  She later went back for waffles and some other things. 

Delaney tried a bunch of things and loved it.  So it may have been worth the price.... 

The walk into the Park was fun.  We did have to take a shuttle from the resort to the Park, but it was quick and easy. 

Shanghai Disney!  First official picture. 

Yep, needed an "I was there" selfie. 

Our first ride. 

The little ham refused to go on most of the rides. But she does love the carousel.  

Me and my girls and the castle. 
It was a drizzly day, and a little chilly. 

Rylee is trying to pose so it looks like she is holding the castle up. 

 I thought this was cool.  Rylee looks unimpressed. 

This was a cool ride.  I couldn't take photos while ON it, but I want you to see how high it went and it was fast!  I don't know if you can see some of the awesome faces on the people on it. 

Posing in the static display. 

Wierdos frolicking in the mist. It wad misting from the sky!  And here they are, playing in this. 

Did I mention that they had the Christmas lights up?!  So pretty!!

No comments: