Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Cherry Blossoms at Kintai

 It is Cherry Blossom Season!  And the blossoms only last up to two weeks, so they are pretty special and very fleeting.  The officially bloomed on Saturday, but I didn't have a chance to go out and see them. On Monday, I took all 4 sister missionaries out to Kintai to admire the blossoms.

Actually, we had a joking interior motive.  One of the darling sisters has received at least 4 wedding announcements in the last 4 months.  She was getting a little depressed about all her friends getting married while she's out on a mission. I suggested she go out to Kintai and take photos and make her own announcements: "Sister Friend is anxiously Engaged in the Lord's work..."

I'm not sure if she will actually make announcements, but she sure got some great photos. It was a lot of fun to go out there with the sisters, since most of them had not seen the Cherry Blossoms before and they spent the entire time oohing and ahhing over everything.  It really is incredible and no matter how awesome the pictures are, it really is even more splendid in real life.  Yes, I did just use the word splendid in an appropriate sentence!

I also got some lovely pictures.  Sakura season really is something to celebrate!
















No comments: