Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Lunch with my Hunnie

On Saturday Dan and I went out to lunch.  We went to a place my friend Laura said was good and not expensive.  She was correct on both points.  However, it was quite the experience.  We speak no Japanese and they spoke no English.  There was a menu that was "English"  but it really wasn't helpful aside from helping you guess what meat might be in the item in the photo.


Yeah, this is the English menu.  Super helpful, no?

Well, maybe more useful than this one, which is entirely in Japanese. 

The pictures are surprisingly unhelpful. I really need a description of what on earth it is. Neither menu was helpful in that area.

Although the English menu contained gems such as this!  I may need to go back and try this.  Is it really horse?  Is it a mis-wording?  I am fascinated and baffled about this!

 Dan is focused on trying to figure out if the picture of the chicken implies that it comes with anything else.  That was the tough part.  If I order the chicken stuff, does it come with soup or rice or is it straight up chicken?

It was straight up chicken, by the way.  Delicious chicken on a bed of surprisingly good cabbage.  Fortunately, I'd taken the chance and ordered some fried rice on the side.  I have no clue where the soup came in.  Since Dan and I ordered the same thing, it must have come with the fried rice.  This was our yummy meal! 

Did I mention it was yummy?!!

No comments: