It took a little over an hour to get there, taking the toll road (which was Y1240/$12 one way). I rode with another set of parents and the drive was enjoyable. The Zoo was better than I expected. I had pretty low expectations though. I had been told it was pretty bad and that PETA had not discovered Japan yet. It wasn't THAT bad. We had about 3 ours to roam around and check out the animals and stuff.
Marian and most of the girls I got to hang out with and chaperone. They were fun and so nice.
Checking out the Baboons.
It was feeding time and it was fun to see them eat.
The rhinos were pretty cool. I thought these 2 were going to brawl.
But why look at the real thing when you can climb on a fake?
Marian and her friends.
See, they really did more than play. The kids were suppose to take notes on 5 different animals. Marian was very specific on who she was going to write about.
Yes, she wrote about the cheetah! I couldn't believe how close we could get. It was just on the other side of this glass!
I do not think I had ever seen a tapir before. Such an odd animal- kind of a cross between a pig and a panda bear with a little elephant thrown in.
The foxes were pretty. I think one of them was a little bonkers too, from the lap-walking and head shaking going on. That was a little sad.
Feeding the giant Koi at lunch.
Trying out a little something from the ice cream vending machine.
She said it was delicious.
The bear was unenthusiastic.
But I was happy to pose with the bear!
The girls spent way too much time at the guinea pig pen, trying to catch themselves a guinea pig. There was some success.
So pleased with herself and her piggie-catching skills.
Signs translated into Engrish are always fun!
Goats at the petting zoo.
I found a friend at the petting zoo too!
I'm not sure if it was okay, but there were no signs clearly saying not to feed the birds, so Marian shared crackers with them.
Having fun by the giraffes and ostriches.
Trying to entice the giraffes closer. It did not work. There was no giraffe petting this day.
My favorite item in the gift shop. "Cheetah Chocolate Cookies"
Marian's purchase at the gift shop. We thought it was an ice cream bar.
Um.... NOT an ice cream bar. A frozen frosted donut? That was unexpected!

No comments:
Post a Comment