Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, November 7, 2014

Belated Halloween Festivities

 Halloween is not one of my top 3 favorites.  I don't feel creative enough to do anything spectacular, and then I have to buy candy to give away and my kids want to keep the candy they bring back.  So I put forth the minimum effort required for it.  This year I got out the box of costume stuffs and let the kids paw through it and decide what they wanted to be.  I told them they had to give notice well in advance if there was something they needed for dressing up.  No one made any requests, so Yay for not having to buy anything but candy this year!

The cat ears and tails have been the very best investment ever! 

Rylee and Delaney both wanted to be cats again this year.  Nice and easy for me!

There was no trunk or treat at church, but there were a few other festivities.  The weekend prior, Dan took the kids to the Library's shin-dig, but proclaimed it too crowded and uneventful to stay.  On Halloween day, there was an event at the Headquarters building and I made the kids go.  They had no school, and I wanted them out of the house, so despite the reluctance of some, I hauled them over.  They (gasp!) had a good time.  There was door-to-door trick-or-treating in the building with lots of fun office decorations and loot.  There was also a bit of carnival stuff going on in the front parking lot.  There were games and candy and lots of people.

The kids did enjoy themselves, but I kind of forgot to take photos till close to the end.  Joshua was embarrassed because his costume was in the washing machine and he came in clothes he claimed were too small and uncomfortable.  He was still happy to collect candy, but he left as soon as he could.

My crew in their self styled costumes.  The faces..... well, they weren't thrilled to pose.

Pumpkin bowling!  So fun! 

Who doesn't want to lob a pumpkin at bowling pins? 

It was enjoyed by all. 

The cake walk was the other favored game.  The girls really really wanted to win something, but despite tromping around for 30 minutes, their numbers were never called. 

I cheated and told the caller to call out Marian's number so she'd walk away with something.  And in the end, there was a plethora of treats still on the table at 1pm when the event was suppose to be over.  So they told the rest of the kids they could have whatever was left on the table.   

Rylee was very happy.

No comments: