Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, June 11, 2012

Puppy Love

 For my birthday this year, I tried something new.  I got myself a puppy!  I know, who'd have thought?!  It was rather a surprise to us all, but he's cute, he fits what we wanted, and he's a sweetheart.  I had expected we'd get an adult dog when the time came, but alas, I'm dealing with housebreaking and a baby dog who doesn't want to sleep alone at night.  Fortunately, he'll grow out of that.


  So this is Levi.  He is a 3 month old Australian Shepherd with some good breeding (that I care nothing about).  He does have one blue eye and one brown eye and he's a "blue merle" color. He was a bit overwhelmed by all the children at first, but you can see he's settling in nicely.

 He was the runt, which is good for me.  He should stay around 35 pounds.  Isn't he a cutie?!  He's also quite smart and has quickly learned who's the boss (me!), and how to walk on a leash.  He's doing really well.  The children, especially Joshua, can't wait till they can teach him tricks.  I find it quite flattering that I am now the center of his universe.  Wherever I go, the dog follows.  Whenever I walk him, he has his eyes glued to me to see what I'm doing.  If I sit down, he sits under my chair or on my feet.  I think I like adulation!

Callie is in heaven.

Me too.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

How fun! He's awfully cute! Camden will be soooo excited.

Megan said...

He is so cute. You have given your kids a wonderful gift (and yourself) of loving something that will love you/them unconditionally. Happy "potty training"!

The Halls said...

We had an australian shepherd in Grass Valley. She had a nice temperament and was a great dog. If I ever got a dog that is what I would get. I like the easy going personality, and they love to run so this should be a great dog to go on runs with you. Enjoy!