Grandma and Grandpa have a water table that is a lot of fun. Mostly before the novelty wears off.
Some children have fun in different ways. for them, the novelty never really goes away!
Some of my other children feel the constant need for something new. I told Joshua he could build a fun water playground here in Arkansas, because there is room here to do it. There is not room at home to put it up and no room to really store it either. If you want to make your own, check out Family Fun's Kid Wash. I printed out the instructions, took Joshua to Home Depot and got the stuff. Honestly, it was pricier than they projected, but I did buy the PVC pipe cutters (and I'm SO glad I did!!!). I hauled everything home and let Joshua go to town.
He measured the lengths and cut all the pipe all by himself. I sat in the house.
He followed the directions and put it together.... all by himself!
He had help from his sisters to hang the sponges and towel strips.
I really only came out at the end to admire his work. And to help drill the holes. We did use the 1/16 bit- the smallest drill bit there was. We drilled a few, turned the water on, and then drilled a few more. We had plenty of water pressure and kept blowing the red noodle off the top.
I don't know if you can see the water in this shot, but it worked very well. Thee kids were delighted with the project. I was incredibly impressed that Joshua did it all on his own. He would have drilled the holes himself too, but it was hard work for him and I felt the need to claim I was of some use!
If you do want to make this, Family fun does have good specs. However, we followed the advice of others and put the fewer and smaller drill holes, and did not put in the gate. I wish we had gotten some extra + connectors, because the tallest piece has no support and tends to fall over. We may go back and give it a support beam.... or not. We got cheap sponges at the Dollar Store and used towel strips rather than the lawn chair webbing. The sponges have already been ripped off the twine, so I'm not sure we'll replace those. Dollar Store noodles may be the next attempt. So far- Super Fun!!

No comments:
Post a Comment