Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, June 15, 2012

What goes up, Must come down

 Mom and Dad know some pretty awesome people.  One nifty guy has some great model planes.  Very cool model planes.  We went over to see him fly them.  Who do YOU know who has a flight line in their backyard?!!

Sadly, the first plane met with tragedy.  The wings blew off and the body of the plane made a spectacular nosedive to the ground.  Here is the rescue crew.  What I love most about this shot is that Dennis is carrying part of the plane and carrying Rylee.  Did I mention he's pretty awesome?

The battered remains of the plane.  The children were quite impressed.  

Next was plane #2.  The lawn mower provided the electric power to start the plane.  

I need to crop this shot.  You can't tell well, but the plane is "chasing" Aaron.  The kids had so much fun. You can see the flying field there in the background.

Yes, even Joshua had a great time!

Who knew it would be so much fun to watch a giant remote controlled plane do spins and barrel rolls and other fun stuff?

Some of us sat comfortably and snacked on cookies while we enjoyed the show.

Marian was much more rambunctious till she got some thorns in her hand.

 Did I mention that they have motorcycles as well?  I did say they were cool folks!

Before we left, the kids sang their favorite song.  It was a really fun evening.

No comments: