Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer Migration



Blogger is giving me fits tonight and won't let me do what I want.  I couldn't download some of the pictures, and it will not cooperate with some of the captions and spacing.  So my apologies for the weirdness that is going on with that.
I was going to say that the great summer migration has  begun.  3 states in 3 days for us!  Monday we were in Louisiana.  Tuesday it was Mississippi, and today it is Arkansas! Fortunately, we'll stay put for a bit.

Callie got her groove on and made me laugh as she "danced" to the music.
The kids were very good for the nearly 600 miles we covered.
This morning, Grandma took everyone Blueberry Picking!  I might have preferred to sleep in and as some children became increasingly cranky, I wished they had slept in later!  However, I was beyond delighted to enjoy the 60 degree morning weather.  6am wake up might have been worth it for that.

I had some very good berry pickers. Less whining than I expected as well. 

There was a lot of berry nibbling.  Yummy berry nibbling!

Rylee was awesome.  She was a very good berry picker.  The last 15 minutes, she realized that they were for eating and she stopped putting any in her bucket and just stuffed them into her mouth as fast as she could pick.  When she thought she could get away with it, she snagged them out of the buckets too.  You can see our bounty here.  Lots of berries!
This afternoon we busted out the slip-n-slide.  It was a mixed bag. Lots of fun in between lots of squabbling.  
They had a good time and were out most of the afternoon, when someone wasn't coming in to complain about someone else. But they were busy and that was good. 


No comments: