For some unknown reason, the kids get the entire week off at Thanksgiving. I know, the whole week! So I took them all to the Zoo yesterday. It was a fantastic day. 80 degree weather was tempered by a lovely breeze, the animals cooperated, and the kids were surprisingly good. I was going to just put a few pictures up, but the kids were so darn funny and I had SO many pictures! So, um, there are a lot.
This is my favorite shot of the day! The kids are all sitting on the little duck family statues. And Joshua's heroic pose cracks me up. I love these kids!
My two funniest children posing with the honey bear. The sign next to it says "How do you compare" to how big the bear gets.
Again, these guys crack me up! They were quite cooperative in letting me take their picture, and in asking for pictures to be taken. I love their personalities.
Joshua is Peeking! Rylee nearly gave me a heart attack as she had to "Do it Self!!" to climb up on the rock. They thought that little snake statue was awesome. It was pretty cool.
Another picture that had me in giggles. I love that Marian is on the cheetah and Callie is on the gazelle. I did not encourage this! They did it and asked for a picture.
It was hot enough the kids were happy to kick off their shoes and go wading. Only 3 of them got saturated pants.
I could not get Rylee to look at me. She was fascinated with the monkey behind her. I think it is holding a (fake) shoe.
They had this spot where you could dig up "artifacts" and stones from the Mayans. Let me tell you just how awesome it was to have children in wet clothes go in to dig. Ug. Next time we do the dig first and the wading next.
So, we had an awesome time at the Zoo. The kids got to use the little camera and I should post the pictures they took. The Zoo from their perspective was interesting and surprisingly full of good shots. But I think I have posted enough pictures for one day!

1 comment:
you live in a fun place
Post a Comment