Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Grumble grumble

I want to blog. I really really do. I want to sit down and write all the posts that I have written in my head. Unfortunately, I can't get my life to cooperate. And I certainly can't get my children to cooperate. It is now 9:20 and I think the last child has gone to bed. The silence is glorious. I don't think I have had a moment today that was not filled with some form of talking, whining, crying, screaming, griping, howling or shouting- mostly aimed at me. Rylee is on some kind of grouchy streak, and when she's not screeching at me, she's demanding to be cuddled. If I'm not cuddling her, she's crying and pawing at me. She has also learned to pinch and scratch. You try accomplishing anything under those circumstances!

And I try to remember that she is more important than the laundry that is piling up and so very much needs to be folded. And I try to remind myself that her feelings are more important than ordering that Christmas present off Amazon right now. And I try to remind myself that her emotional needs should be more important than balancing the checkbook. And I try to remind myself that a good mother would hold her child rather than compose a nasty letter to the school that requires the right thought to get the right tone. Sigh. And that's just the one child! The others also needed me and today, the incessant cacophony of their demanding voices has about driven me to the brink.

Thank goodness tomorrow is another day.

And thank goodness for ice cream!

No comments: