Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day

Yesterday was the Marine Corps Birthday. I should have made a cake, but we still have Halloween Candy to finish off and I didn't want to add to the weight-gaining possibilities. Today was Veteran's Dan and I made cookies. Totally different.

In honor of Veteran's Day, we had received several different lists of places that would feed Dan for free today. Dan has always proclaimed he won't wait in the eternally long lines, so I did not expect him to take advantage of it. I took advantage of Dan being home and took Delaney off to get her hair neatened up a bit. It looks better, but there really was only so much that could be done.

Later that afternoon, I was surprised to hear Dan say he wanted to go out to eat. I was in the midst of cookie making, which also includes cookie eating, so I was very not hungry. Dan took the 4 oldest children and left a napping Rylee behind. I ate cookies and enjoyed the quieter house.

Dan and the children came back a few hours later. They had gone to Chili's. (If I had known that, I might have gone too!). Dan ate for free, and then when they were done, a couple of ladies had paid for the kids' meals as well! They all ate for free. How sweet is that? These nice ladies paid for 4 kid dinners! I am humbled by the generosity and kindness of those women to make such a gesture to my family.

Thank you to all the other Veterans out there, past and present. You make me proud.

2 comments:

Bryn said...

That is so nice!

Mamapierce said...

We ate at Chili's, too! I love their chicken crispers with ranch. YUMMY!