Honestly, I do not know if it is the time change, the post Halloween sugar crash, the weather, or what, but everyone is a bit off this week. Rylee and Delaney seem to be having an especially hard time. Yesterday we had to leave the gym early due to a colossal screaming meltdown by Delaney. It was the first of several crying fits for her. We survived that, as well as Rylee's snotty-nosed neediness that has just arrived. However, this morning brought a whole new onslaught!
I was setting up my elliptical machine for use (since we're not going to go back to the gym for a while!) and I overheard the words "cut your hair" in the dining room. I flew in there and saw that Rylees lovely mullet was still intact. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that someone else's was not.
Yep, Delaney trimmed her hair. I love that she is still holding the scissors here. She did feel bad when I gasped at her newly short and sticking up hair.
She defiantly told me she did not want to have to have a pony in her hair. Granted, she had mentioned that she wanted to keep her hair short, but I did not! I was excitedly watching it grow and yearning for the day when it was longer again. I guess it was not to be.

4 comments:
She should have been a boy - they have to work hard to get their hair to stick up like hers does naturally. I am surprised that I have never had a hair cutting incident!
that picture of her smiling is delightful
Wow! She does have wicked good cutting skilz! Those skilz were not quite so apparent on Facebook.
If she hates pony tails... maybe she'd like head bands? This is a unique version of bangs.
Post a Comment