Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, October 3, 2011

Why?

Why do the kids get sick when I actually have things I really need to go out to do? 90% of the time I can juggle my schedule to do anything or nothing. And 99% of the time, the kids are healthy. Unfortunately, this week seems to be that 1%. Delaney woke up telling me her bed is wrong and sleeping on it made her heart hurt. (I know, how odd is that?!) She said her heart hurt all day. It hurt enough that she didn't want breakfast, didn't want to go for a walk, and didn't want to go to story time at the library. She looked quite pitiful, but didn't have a fever. Well, no fever till tonight. She spent most of the day curled up in her blankets, and she fell asleep on the living room floor by 7pm. She was sweaty and roasting hot when I moved her to her bed. I hope, hope, hope she stays asleep all night.

Callie came home from school and said she didn't feel well. With those big brown eyes, she looked so adorable and sad. She curled up on the recliner chair with her blanket, and I confess, I actually let her watch tv. Normally after school she races out to play with her friends, comes in to gobble dinner, and is back out till homework time, which is right before bedtime. But today.... today she was so lethargic and sad. She felt pretty warm too. She's tucked into bed with 3 blankets and a bucket, just in case.

And tomorrow, I actually need to be places. I suppose exercising out of the house is out. And, yes, I could easily reschedule the 10 am chiropractor appointment. But at 12:30, I am suppose to have an IEP meeting with the school. I really need to get this done. I really need to get the ball rolling on this. I even had somewhere to take (healthy ) children so I could go alone. I can't very well dump sick kids off to be watched now though. How bad would it be to show up at the school with 2 sick kids......?

2 comments:

Daniel said...

So sorry! I do hope they slept and felt better. Good luck with your stuff today. You are great!

Deborah said...

I say it depends on how sick they are. If you think they will throw up, don't take them. But if they have a low-grade fever and are lethargic, I say bring them. They won't get in to as much trouble, and my actually let you talk with the IEP person. :P

Maybe you can call the school and ask which they would prefer- rescheduling, or bringing the sick kids.