I'm sick. Sick and miserable. I've been sick since Thursday. I know, I'm never very sick for very long. I might be really sick for a short while, or a little sick for a little longer, but to be this sick for 3 days is new for me. Okay, not New, but it has been a long time. I think the last time I was truly wiped out like this was the last time I got the flu shot- 15 years ago or so. One reason I do not do the flu shot.
I'm not sure how much better or worse it makes it, but we are on vacation. I'll tell you that nearly 7 hours in a car with all the kids and my tired, achy, sweaty, shivery body was not a lot of fun. But Dan did all the driving. He also let me sleep in and stay in bed most of the day. Dan took the kids to the pool and he took them to the playground. He took care of lunch. Me, I lay on the bed. My head and joints hurt too much for any actual sleeping. But I feel too awful to do anything, including reading or watching tv. Watching the back of my eyelids is just my speed right now. I did discover that 800mg makes me feel significantly less achy, but then I sweat instead of shiver.
Normally I would be loading up on my essential oils, especially Inner Defense. Unfortunately, I didn't pack them. I know. So foolish of me. I forgot. I was in a fever induced haze and I was just glad to get all the kids in the car. And now I am roasty, fevery and sick. Still. Please send some cheese to go with my wine.
On the plus side, the kids absolutely love staying at hotels. I do not know why. Maybe it is all the tv they get to watch, or the snacks I pack. Or maybe its the hot tub in my room that they can't wait to use tonight. Either way, they are fairly happy campers. That is a good thing, since I am just dead weight now. Thank goodness for Dan!
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

1 comment:
That is so not fun! I do hope you feel better soon. And being sick on vacation makes my top ten of "really prefer not to's".
Post a Comment