This week I went out and was social. We also finally, FINALLY got some cooler weather! I can't tell you how excited I was. It was 86 degrees on Tuesday and Wednesday's high was 66. Whew! About time Fall showed up! So we took advantage of the lovely, gorgeous, crisp weather and went to the Zoo. We did see lions and tigers and bears. The bears were quite uncooperative and I couldn't get a picture. Delaney was also a stinker about pictures, but I was able to coerce her into quite a few decent shots. And I have documented the awesome time we had!
Rylee was stylin' and ready to go in her sunglasses. She wore them the whole time. It was adorable!
Yeah, Delaney only wanted to make silly faces. But I did get the white tiger in the shot with her and Rylee.
The Orangutans were my favorite thing. They were so funny and cute! This was the mom and she did some fun climbing and playing with the little guy.
And this big guy came creeping out of the cave holding a big box over his head. It was too funny. He dropped the box for just a minute before picking it up again.
The Reptile place was my second favorite part. I'm not sure why I am suddenly fascinated by the snakes and lizards, but they were so cool!
Ha! I got Delaney AND the rhino together here. She so did not want to turn around for me. Little pickle.
Sigh. I only got her in a picture here by promising she could do a silly face. I guess that works okay, since she is a silly girl.
We had a great morning at the Zoo. I even learned how to get there all by myself now, so we will be sure to go again. The really funny thing is that the same day I went, Marian came home from school, having won a set of 4 tickets to go to the Zoo! We have a year pass, but it might be nice to have 4 extra tickets for when family or friends come......
And while on the subject of animals, I have been introduced to a new one. The canal by our house has an interesting animal called a "nutria" that lives there. I thought it was a capibara at first, but it has a nasty rat tail. So it looks like a big beaver with huge teeth, but it has a naked rat tail. They eat the grass by the canal. I got a picture of one the other day so you could see it.

3 comments:
How many places are you going to live where you can look outside your house and see a nutria or an alligator?
Wow, that nutria sure is something. I'm with you on the rat tail, eeeewwwww.
I have never heard of a nutria. I always love the orangutans the best too, they always put on a good show. Good job on being social :)
Post a Comment