Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Perspective

Last night I watched TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" and I saw women paying gobs and gobs of money for their wedding dresses. I don't know why I love that show, but I do. I think because it is such a foreign concept for me. Why, oh why, would you spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a dress you will wear once. ONCE! Sure, it may be the most important day of your life, but is the dress really the most important thing? I have to say no, it isn't.

Today I got to be at the Temple sealing of a sweet couple. The bride wore a lovely, but simple dress. The cost of the entire wedding was probably less than what the least expensive dress at the tv show's bridal salon would be. The bride didn't mind. She was marrying the right person, at the right time, in the right place. In the big picture, the dress doesn't matter at all. The who and where matters. To be sealed for time and eternity to someone you love, who is faithful..... that is what matters. It was such a privilege to be there to see them married.

I feel very blessed to be married to my husband. To have married him at the right place at the right time. He was, and still is, the right man!