Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sweet Times!

I may have mentioned that Rylee is too smart for her own good. She has learned to push the stool or chair around and she can now climb up on the chairs. This means that zones we use to consider out of her reach, no longer are. This was made clear to us the other night. Dan gave the kids some cake for dessert and left the last slice for me. As I came downstairs from tucking little girls in bed, I heard Joshua shout "Rylee!". She had scooted the stool over to the table and this is what she was doing:




And lest you think I never let my children do anything fun, or believe them when they say I never let them do anything fun..... Check this out!

Dan brought home a gingerbread kit from work. I would never condone the use of prepackaged gingerbread men, but Dan and the kids were all excited about them, so on Saturday I whipped up the frosting and let them have at it. It was actually a lot of fun.
The kit came with some stuff, but we supplemented. Callie was so cute and worked so hard on her cookie man.
This is Rylee's "Mom's caught me doing something I shouldn't, but can I get away with it" look.

Delaney put a LOT of frosting on her cookie. She put more candies in her mouth than on the cookie though.

Marian wanted to make a Luigi (from Super Mario), so she was very careful to frost him properly.
It was very serious business!

Except for this one! She kept running from chair to chair, trying to shove her sisters off. She'd climb up on the chairs and try to get the frosting, candy, cookie...... Such a cute age, but oh, so exhausting!

Check out Marian's cookie; it turned out super-cute!

This is Joshua's Mario. He had some trouble with the blue frosting not cooperating. And you can see that I had trouble with HIM cooperating!

Yum!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Your kids are so funny! It seems to me that all of your "babies" are climbers, getting into trouble pushing chairs around to get into sweets. Rylee sure is cute though.

Daniel said...

You are so marvelous! And such creative childrens you have. So cute! M