I hate to get my hair cut. I hate to pay someone to cut it. And in this area, there is no stinking way I'm paying someone $60+ to cut my hair! Usually I just need a straight trim across the back, and it galls me to pay someone so much to do so little. Thus, I try to have my mom do it whenever I see her. This means I get my hair cut every few years. And every so often, I get it cut short. And then I hate it and say I'm never going to do that again!
In November, we had a Relief Society activity that was a service auction. I spent every single pretend dollar I had on a set of family haircuts. And it was worth it! A lovely and fabulous lady in the ward came over yesterday and cut my hair. She also trimmed all 3 girls tresses to an even and dead-end free length. There was much rejoicing by me!
And I know, I know, I say every time that I'm never going so short again. And I did not really mean to go so short this time. I meant to have it down past my shoulders. But I let her have her way with me and I let her do something totally new! Its only hair, right? And if I hate it, it will grow back. Plus, if I wait my usual 2 years before cutting it again, it will be right where I want it!
I do like it. I love the way it feels and love that I'm not always shoving hair out of the way. I just don't know if I like the way I look with it. I realized that I want sleek, straight short hair. If you have seen my hair, you know that sleek and straight, it aint! So, do I like unruly short hair? I need to think on that. She did a great job though and left the front sides a little longer than the back so I can still pull it out of my face. (I love it when someone knows me!) I am excited to have it shorter and I had 2 ulterior motives. 1. I wanted something easier to do for the upcoming trip to Africa, and 2. I wanted to donate it to Locks of Love. (I have about 15 inches of ponytail to donate!)
I want to preface the pictures with the fact that the kids took them of me. I didn't realize what an unflattering perspective they have! Aack! That, the shirt with a collar, and the lighting are not making me really happy with these shots, so rest assured, that I am much more attractive in real life. And if you see me in real life, pretend that it is true!!
BEFORE:

5 comments:
Try Potion 9 by Sebastion. It can work wonders on sleek-ing hair. Samantha's hair gets unruly frequently and Potion 9 works magic!!! We used to get it at the salons that were in the little AAFES malls. It only takes a little daub about the size of a large pea. MAGIC I say!
I love your shorter hair! I just got mine "trimmed" to a shorter length and it is so much more manageable. You look great! Even from the kids' perspective!
I like you with short hair... Hey! How come there's no gray??? I have tons! At least you don't have to color it too!
I love it! Love it! Isn't weird not feeling any hair when you reach back there! I cut mine, too! I know how you feel. Geat minds think alike!
wow your hair got really long. I like it short. You look great! I like my short hair and that I can still pull it back too. I bet you are so excited for Africa. How fun!
Post a Comment