2. Getting to wake up the parents at the specifically appointed hour, and coming up with ever-increasingly innovative ways. My favorite- to the Jurassic Park soundtrack played full blast.
3. Making gingerbread houses. Trying to outdo each other for the best looking or most creative house, while sneaking candy into our mouths- good times!
4. Candy making! Okay, my mom made the candy, but it sure was yummy! I thought she was the most amazing mom ever, when she made her chocolate covered nuts and caramels and peanut butter cups. Sometimes I still get some. Now, when I make candy, I have to be careful since caramel is the only thing I can do well and I tend to eat all the fruits of my labors . (Although this year I successfully made toffee and even managed to get 75% of it bagged and given away.)
5. Delivering goodie-platters. The only problem with this tradition is that my parents made us go caroling when we delivered them. I was not a fan of caroling. I'm still not fond of it, and haven't done it without severe leaning from my folks, but I do love the platter giveaway.

2 comments:
Yeah, those were all good times!
I'm guessing I'll need to start doing some of those things for myself soon.
I didn't see any comment about that great Christmas Day breakfast that you relished so much! Or how slow Dad was in eating his as you anxiously awaited the gift opening.
Post a Comment