Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, December 3, 2010

Dress Ups and Decorating

Delaney discovered the box of dress-ups that I had put under her bed. She and Callie have gleefully been trying on everything all week. I never know what they will be attired in when I see them. Although, to be honest, Delaney is usually wearing no clothes. The better to put on whatever dress up item she fancies. Lately, it has been the collection of tutus.

The 2 girls were in Pretend Heaven when it was time for Family Home Evening this week. I figured they were dressed, so it was good enough. Now that I am posting pictures, I wonder if perhaps I should have had them put real clothes on first. Still, here is what we did for Family Night!

Callie and Rylee helped pull stuff out of the Christmas box. It was so exciting!!

The lovely ballerina, Delaney is showing me her tree ornament.

Marian was so cute, decorating our tree. She was so methodical and carefully selected each spot each ornament should go.

As an aside..... this is the cheapo Walmart tree I bought 5 years ago when Dan was deployed and I was having my very first Christmas at my own house. Somehow, we can't make ourselves spend money to upgrade to a nicer tree, although every year I swear I will at the after-Christmas sales. (I never do!)

Rylee had a blast and was in to everything! Look at that face. Pure mischief!

Callie, in her flapper dress-up was a great helper with the tree. And then she wanted to put up all the other decorations. Unfortunately she doesn't have a sense of moderation and likes to put everything in one place. It is festive, but everywhere else gets lonely.

It was so fun to see the kids decorating the tree. I didn't put any ornaments on! They did all the work themselves, and it was so sweet to see. They also put out the Nativity set- unassisted.

While everyone else was putting things on, this one was deviously working on how to get them off!

Joshua was very good with the breakables and he made sure things were all over the tree.

My 3 best helpers in front of the merry little tree. Sigh. I guess it really is time to get a bigger one.


Rylee has a new ability. The clever little minx has discovered the step stool. She now carries it all over the house, to better reach whatever she wants. She has also learned to improvise and will stand on whatever she thinks will help her reach her goal. This is becoming a problem:
She is on the toy box so she can reach the Nativity. She had such a good time with them, and I let her do it, hoping she would get it out of her system. She did well and nothing is broken!
Later, Delaney shrieked, "Rylee's on the table!!" and sure enough, she was. She had used her step stool to climb on a chair and from the chair she scooted right up onto the table. You can see that she made a beeline for the glue stick and was busy snacking on it when I saw her. She's trouble! I just hope she grows up to use her powers for good.

No comments: