Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cherry Point Triathlon!

We drove to Cherry Point, arriving Friday night.  We were up and at the pool by 8am to see Dan start.

Here we are, waiting.  The children wanted so badly to play in the pool, but I would not let them.  Well, its not like the lifeguard was going to let them either!

I realized that this is why I have so few pictures of Joshua- they look like this, or he's making awful faces.  So, I take fewer pictures of him! (This is actually out of order.  Here we are waiting for Dan to finish the 10 mile bike portion.)

Here is Delaney, waiting for the fun to begin.  She actually did not want to it in the stroller until someone else looked like they might sit in it.  Then she screamed like a banshee and shoved them out so she could climb in.

Callie took this picture!  Since I'm in it, I thought I'd share!  We're watching the swimmers and waiting for Dan.  He was in the 3rd wave, but he was a much better swimmer than a LOT of the people in front of him!

Joshua took this  rather blurry shot of Dan, waiting his turn to hop in the pool.  They started the swimmers off at 15 second intervals and had a 1 minute break between each wave  (That helped clear the clogs caused by the really bad swimmers who didn't write down an accurate swim time.)

After the 400 yd swim, was the 10 mile bike.  Here is Dan, finishing that p.  He did pretty good on it.  
While we waited during his biking, and the during the 5K run, the kids entertained themselves.  This ditch was an endless source of fun.  They had a great time leaping over it.  I was surprised none of them got really muddy or hurt!

We moseyed down for a better look and they took up a spot here.  So cute!  Joshua had to take his shoes off because he had red ants on him.  I was not surprised by that, since I had told him 10 times not to poke the red-ant mound, and he obviously did not listen.  Fortunately he (and the girls!) escaped with no bites.

Here is Dan, on his triumphal finish, just starting his sprint to the end.  Joshua went out a quarter mile to run in with Dan, but Dan sprinted the end and left Joshua in the dust, so that's why Joshua is not in the shot.

In the afternoon, Dan and Delaney took naps, while I took the older 3 to the pool.  They had a Fabulous time! Check out Callie!  She's so pleased with herself that she can put her face in.

Marian is a hoot.  She had a grand time swimming.  The kids were in the water nearly 2 hours.  

And here is Joshua!  

This was my girls this morning before church.  Aren't they cute?!   We went to our old ward and had a marvelous time and I realized how much I love and miss my friends there.  They fed us a tasty lunch (LOVE that 5th Sunday Spread Lunch!!) and we got back home before 7:30 this evening.  And I want to mention how much I love our new van.  350 miles on the tank and I've still got 1/4 tank left!  We didn't have to stop for gas at all on the way home.  We actually only took a 10 minute potty break.  And the kids were very good in the car- especially since we didn't stop to feed them either and they had to make do with the crackers and apples we brought with us.

No comments: