Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, May 7, 2009

We may need an Ark!

First, let me post a picture of my fabulous new van!  I feel like that guy in the commercials, who would look for any excuse to drive his new car.  I love this van!

Here it is, sitting in the rain.  I had to take Dan's car to the commissary today since I don't have a sticker yet to get on base.  Sigh.

Now the real news is that this is the 10th consecutive day that it has rained.  It may not have rained all day all those 10 days, but there was precipitation every one of those days.  I'm getting a bit tired of it.  The children don't seem bothered by it at all!

Today they all went out and played in the rain with the neighbor kids.  It sprinkled, it poured, it sprinkled again, and it dumped for a while.  They stayed out and had a blast!  Marian and Callie had an especially wonderful time.  Long after all the other kids went home, my 4 were still going strong.

They had a lot of fun drawing with saturated sidewalk chalk on the drive and road.  Callie was so cute racing towards me when I called her in for dinner.

Delaney had enough and was undressing at the front door.  Once her pants were off, she changed her mind and ran around some more in her shirt and diaper.  Hey, I believe in exercise!

My 2 girls, jumping up and down in the rain.  They are so saturated! (I seriously could wring out their clothes when they came in.)

I don't think I mentioned that Marian lost her first tooth on Tuesday.  You can see it here, along with her joy at playing out in the rain.  What fun to be a kid.

Joshua and Marian worked at making a dam to keep the water from rushing down the gutter and into the drain.  I think they had a pretty good pond going there behind the van.   Joshua is racing in for dinner.  Marian is not.

I had all 4 kids strip down just inside the door, (where there is tile rather than carpet), and all of them got to come to the table and ate dinner wrapped in nothing but towels.  Even Delaney, that stinker, removed her diaper so she could be just like her siblings!  As soon as they were done eating, they all got baths.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

They look like they had a lot of fun. I love your van, does it have three seat option in the middle? I've been looking at the those van's ever since you went to get yours, I look at them parked.

Anonymous said...

See what I mean: Sharon has hit the top of the list again. Man I am going to have to move quicker! I totally love the rain pictures and excited to see more of Marian lose tooth pictures.

Becky Workman said...

nice ride! Is it a mother's day present?