My cousin Robert was in the area and stopped by for a visit yesterday. We love Robert. He's so neat and fun and smart. He graciously reconfigured the wireless Internet for me. Then he showed me a ton of cool things I can do with the computer (most of which I've already forgotten). While he did all that, he also played with Callie, who thought he was there for her own personal entertainment.
It was nice to visit with Robert, but the computer, unfortunately, was located in the basement. Delaney, all too frequently, was not. There were several times when I assumed she was in the play area of the basement, and I was wrong. I also thought she'd only been unattended for 5 minutes and couldn't have gotten into that much trouble. Wrong again.
The little stinkpot climbed up on the kitchen counters. She removed all the vitamin lids, looking for her kiddie "bites". She got into my baking cupboard and opened my unsweetened baking chocolate and unwrapped each square of chocolate. I did catch her before she got the crisco bars open. Whew! She discovered the can I had put the bacon fat into (and had forgotten to put in the fridge, although I had hidden it from her behind the toaster.) She noticed the paintbrushes drying on the counter and proceeded to "paint" with the bacon fat on the counter and window. Ick!
I dashed upstairs to the distinct aroma of my essential oils. She had emptied 2 of them into the sink. Well, I thought she'd dumped them into the sink. Nope, she'd "watered" the basil plant Marian gave me for Mother's Day. Apparently heavy doses of clove oil will kill those things! And the smell doesn't blend well with Lemon.
Not to be outdone, the next time she was out of sight, she found an erasable marker and colored all over the refrigerator, and everything on it. She also decorated the tablecloth with her artistic talents. I think she changed clothes 3 times, but she did leave her diaper on! She also managed to clock her eye on the wooden frame of the futon, and then added another red bonk after she bashed heads with Callie. I was exhausted by lunchtime!
Early this morning, at 5:30, something thumped. No one cried, so I ignored it. I heard someone in the bathroom and assumed it was Callie. Then there were more noises, so I got up to make sure all was well. Callie was sound asleep. Joshua was sound asleep. Marian was sound asleep. As I headed toward the bathroom, Delaney traipsed out, wearing a big grin, and something other than what I'd put her to bed in. What?! I do not know how long she'd been up, but it was long enough to go through Callie's drawer and put on her clothes, then to play in the bathroom. I rocked her and sang her 2 songs and tucked her back in and locked her door behind me. She slept till almost 8:30. I did not.
Delaney is also still in the potty-training mindset. Kind-of. She wants to do it, but isn't really ready. Today I was exercising on my lovely elliptical machine. I had a movie on for Callie upstairs, and when Delaney came downstairs, I kept my eye on her, in case she decided to remove her diaper. Nope, she was fully dressed. I watched her, and no clothes came off. She started to fuss and eventually it was distressed enough that I got off my elliptical machine 8 minutes early to see what was the matter.
She was very concerned and kept pointing and saying "poopy". Upon inspection, it did look like a tiny poop nugget on the carpet. I asked if she'd pulled it out of her diaper and she seemed to indicate yes. I plopped her down to change her diaper and discovered she WASN'T WEARING ONE! She had removed it upstairs and then put on Callie's underpants and shorts! Eeek! Thank goodness the single nugget was all she'd produced!

3 comments:
Poop nuggets are great- at least it wasnt the smeary poop!
Your adventures with Delaney really make my day. None of my children have ever been that busy and into everything, which I am really grateful for. She is keeping you young and on your toes.
Oh my, Delaney is a busy little girl. Are you really ready to go through this yet again;)
Have you ever tried to put Delaney in Onesies? I put the Carter brand on Rachael, and so far I haven't lost too many diapers. The getting into everything I can handle, but when we do the poop on everything, not so much:P Onsies may not work on Delaney, she is so into changing clothes I'm sure she could figure out the snaps in a second or two. GOOD LUCK:)
Post a Comment