I use the phrase "Callie's Party" quite loosely here. She has a birthday coming up in a week, but with all our friends moving and other things happening, I didn't know when I was going to get a party done for her. She had a list of specifics that she wanted: a ballerina cake and a unicorn pinata were definite must-haves.
So, as I was pondering how to make this all happen, Raina mentioned that the Joy School end-of-year party was happening and so we combined it with a party for Callie. I was able to kind-of make a ballerina cake for her and Raina managed to find a unicorn pinata. And thus, Callie had a party.

Here she is with her cake. I made the mistake of asking her to help choose what she wanted. We looked at tons of pix online and she wanted a 4 layer cake. Silly me, I've never made more than 2 layers and I made a few tactical errors... such as I just made 2 cakes into 4 layers.
Waaay too tall, and listing. Plus, the sides didn't go straight up, giving it a
zig-
zag look. And did I mention it was listing. I used a ton of frosting to cover the issues, but the trip in the car to Raina's house caused a structural integrity breach, and it started to separate. Callie did not care. She declared it beautiful, and I will say that it was mighty tasty!

This is how thrilled Delaney was with the pinata part. She sat here, just like this until the pinata broke and then she understood the purpose. Well, she would grab a candy and eat it before moving on to the next. Filling the bag did not occur to her. Fortunately the other kids were very sweet and they put candy in her bag for her!

Callie was thrilled to
whack the pinata. All the kids got about 3 turns at it- the darn thing would not break! Finally Raina took charge and after she
whacked it a few times the legs finally fell off and the candy flew!

Callie had a good time with the bubble blower. That was a big hit. She had a good party and I had fun with my grown up friends too!
No comments:
Post a Comment