Yes, it has been an exciting time for us. We aquired some hermit crabs. Not something I'd normally have thought to have as a pet, but my friend Beth asked if we'd like her 3, and I thought they'd be more fun and easier to care for than fish. (Will this be a problem Kirsten?!) They are surprisingly cute and fun! The kids can hold them and they'll pop out of their shells and scrabble around your palm and up your arm. Or off onto the floor. The children aren't very good at holding them yet. I find the little eye-stalks adorable. The little things totally look like Sebastian on The Little Mermaid! I think it is quite fun that the crabs will be all curled up in their shell, and as soon as you put it in your hand, the legs poke out, the eye stalks pop out and suddenly its off and running. It makes me feel special that they like me, really!
So, that was one exciting thing. The other thing is an Oh-Shoot-What-Have-I-Done kind of thing. Some of you know that my parents like real estate. They love to look at houses. Last year we bought a little rental place and its done nicely for us. Since I was back in the area, I did some looking. We have the most fantastic Real Estate agent and it has been very interesting to see him work. Anyway, I looked at a house today, put in an offer and it was accepted. Did I want to do that?! Hopefully it will be as self supporeting as the first one.

1 comment:
just make sure the hermit crabs leave with you at the end of your lease!!! just don't think you can ask for a puppy now! :-)
Post a Comment