This is what Adam looked like back then. Okay, not true. This is a high school shot and this event occurred after his mission. But I do not have a picture of that and this one is so cute.
Adam asked for a mint shake and he asked for oreos on it. He was told that oreos were a blizzard topping, not a shake topping, so no, he could not have what he wanted. Adam was confused. Surely customer service would allow them to add what he wanted. So he asked if he could order his shake and order the oreos seperately on the side. He was told no. Adam was trying to understand this and he swears he was not confrontational or angry, just curious. He had just returned from a mission and had endured all sorts of confrontation and grief. So this was nothing- he could hold his temper and not be swayed! Still, Why could he not pay for extra oreos and add them himself? He just couldn't, he was informed rudely. So Adam ordered his oreo-less ice cream treat. His friend Jon asked for an Oreo blizzard that DID include oreos and requested that the oreos be on the side. The kid behind the counter said "NO. You'll just give them to your friend."
Now who cares?! Why would they not be accomodating? And I am serious. This did occur. And on to our story....
Adam asked why, in a reasonable tone, why could he not have the oreos? The manager flew around the corner screaming, "This is Dairy Queen and we do it the Dairy Queen way!" Adam was pretty cross by now, yet still he reasonably asked for a comment card or customer service number, or someone higher up. The manager threatened to call the police if they didn't leave, then rattled off a number. Wisely, the guys left. Later, when Adam called the number, it was a dirty adult hotline.
Fast forward to this year. His wife, Savannah, was tired of not getting to go to Dairy Queen, as she did enjoy their food. She finally wrote to Dairy Queen expressing her unhappiness, telling this story, and requesting that they do something to apease Adam, so that they could again visit their establishment. She recieved a letter stating that the shake Adam wanted did NOT come with oreos and thus the manager had taken the appropriate action.
Needless to say, Adam is not apeased. And I swear that this is true. Okay, it is as true as I recall it being told to me. Oh, and Savannah does have that nasty letter still so you will know that I did not make up such an absurd event.. And this is why I felt guilty taking the children there tonight!
Perhaps if you are really lucky, I will share my story of why I do not use AT&T!

4 comments:
okay we totally all have to write letters to Dairy Queen and let them know we are going to Blog of their ridiculousness if they don't help Adam over come his grudge and let his poor suffering wife enjoy again the sweetness of a blizzard!
We had a similar dislike for Little Cesars, particularly one in San Diego, for bad service also. I won't write the story, that is too long a comment!
We do eat at Little Cesars here in Yuma, their service is good.
Your poor brother, I can't understand why some establishments won't appease the customer when it isn't a big deal.
Happily I will state that when I worked as a teen at Taco Bell, we ALWAYS bent over backwards for customers!=)
Have a great weekend!
p.s. this may not win me some popular points, but I don't really like to go to DQ. Not my thing.=)
Amazing story! I was laughing out loud! If Adam wants, I'll boycott DQ on principle!
that is totally funny. I really can believe that happen. I worked at Dairy Queen for two months in boise and that was one of there policy. Since I was a customer too and had lots friend who liked it there they let me do what ever I wanted and Please the customer not the company
Post a Comment