It was a nasty hot and muggy day. The kids were sweaty headed and red cheeked from it, but they wouldn't come in the house. They had to "help" as much as possible. Here is what our fun looked like.....
I think this was the first arm they built. There were 6 of these, extending like spokes around the tree. That's going to be the support system, and the floor will go on top. Right now, only the 6 spokes are finished. And it did take most of the day! Marian was being a helper here. Actually she just liked to climb the ladder.
Joshua is sulking because he got in trouble for jumping on the wood. And I think he thought he would get to do more things. He said it was "boring", but he didn't leave!
Here Dan and my parents are measuring out the distance for the last supports. The sky was grumbling and we wanted to be done before it exploded. Just as a fun fact, we did get lots of thunder and lightning and a whole 3 inches of rain last night!
So, the tree house is begun, and we'll see how long we take to finish it. Since we'll only be here another 4 weeks, I hope its not that long!

5 comments:
Hi Rebecca! Looks like a lot of fun! Hope the kids get to enjoy the tree house.
how fun!!!! I'm so jealous I always wanted a tree house! The kids must be in complete heaven!
How fun!!! The kids will have a blast. I always wanted a tree house when I was little.
hi rebecca - we wanted to send you guys some info about the utilities hook up and i don't have your email address on this computer - would you send it to me at kirjote@hotmail.com
kirsten
I can't wait to see the finished product. It looks like fun.
Post a Comment