And on to the ever-lasting tree house. The sad thing is that I worked on it from 1pm till 7pm tonight and I looks very similar to when we began. Sigh. Let me mention that it was 87 degrees at 8:30 this morning when I got home from my run. And that doesn't take into account the humidity. Ug. I drenched my clothes today. I am a sweaty girl anyway, but today was exceptional! I seriously could have wrung out my clothes after working on this tree house. I had drops of sweat rolling off my elbows, eyebrows.... well, everywhere!
Here I am with Joshua. We are hammering in the logs to make the ramp. It was a great idea, that looks cute, but isn't as user-friendly as I had hoped. And it was time consuming to do. Yes it was!
Here is the finished product though. The kids LOVE it! Delaney can scramble up it, but not down. It takes all of them a little while to go up and down, and they did it over and over once it was up! It is a little steeper than I envisioned, and not as textured as I expected. I mean, its a little more slick. I thought it would be more ramp-like, but its more like climbing a steep wall- you really do need the rope.
Sooooo, we got the entry done. We got the facia up and then started on the roof. I mean my dad and I. He did all the work and I handed him nails and stuff. We got the main body of the roof done before I headed in at 7 to put kids to bed. Roof means we put up plywood and put metal roofing over it. What fun. 15 feet up in the air.... how do you do it!?! Well, it helped to have the tractor. Dad stood in the bucket and I raised him and the plywood up. Hee hee hee. It was fun!

3 comments:
What great memories you're building for the kids! The sweat is totaly worth it!
My Callie's tree-house!!! Was Madison's remark as soon as she had seen the pictures. She also said where is My Callie? I showed her the picture of her reading and she was so happy to see her again! You guys have worked hard on the tree house... I mean the house that sweat built:) It looks so AMAZING;)
What an awesome gift to your children! They will NEVER forget the memories you are building now and the ones yet to come.
Post a Comment