Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, June 5, 2008

We love summer!

Today I have no deep thoughts. Not news to some of you, I know. Still, I am going to let the photos do the talking and you can see what we've been up to the last few days. May I just mention that my kids make me laugh?! And I love it when they are sweet to each other.... then I try to get a picture of it! Here are a few reasons we love summer:

Reasons #1 & #2- Friends and watermellon


We had friends over on Tuesday evening and the kids had a great time. They had brought watermellon, and it was a huge hit for the kids. Delaney was in heaven, and Callie thought it was such fun to share. So did our friend who was visiting, Audrey, who is 7.

One happy watermellon-covered little girl. Such a satisfied face.

Reason #3- All kinds of animals (I'll have to get pictures of the deer in the backyard!)
There were a bunch of these tiny frogs hopping around. Marian actually was happy to set this one free when she was done. I only hope it was still alive!

Reason #4- Playing outside (And friends again!)


Another summer perk is going to the park. We went to a new one yesterday with my friend Wendy, and her 4 kids. The park was pretty fun.




Marian loved spending time with Eva. Finally, a girl her age! They played really well together.


Here is Wendy and all the kids. This was the big draw for the park- Joshua wanted to check out the train- there is a Railroad Workers Memorial here, and 2 train cabooses. Very exciting for the kids!

Reason we love summer #5- You can go swimming!

After the trains we decided we would let the kids swim in the swimming hole. We had brought stuff so they could. The water was COLD! It didn't bother them though!


Callie was so silly. Here she is, dancing for me. She is such a ham!


Marian was the only one to truly try to swim. She went all the way in and jumped off the rocks and really had fun. Then she had a problem with her goggles and this was what she did- total mentdown till we fixed it.

Yep, its about time to get out! The air may have been 90+, but the water was really cold. The kids had a very good time though. Next time, I'll look for somewhere more kid friendly. This one was a little too deep, too rocky and not enough space for the kids. They did not care though!

Reason #6- You get to get wet and its fun!


The kids were getting whiny by mid afternoon. Grandma swooped in and saved the day by dragging these water guns out of the garage. Check out Joshua's face. hee hee hee
2 full hours they were outside squirting the heck out of each other! They were drenched when they came in, but it was worth it! Good job, Grandma!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Great pics! Sorry that I forgot my camera. I will have to do with the pics you got!

Stjerne said...

I seriously love this blog thing. It is so cool to see what you guys are doing. Your kids are adorable. It looks like you guys were having a blast.

Heather said...

You are missing all the nasty humidity here, the heat index has been over 100 degrees the past couple days.