Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun with Family

I love my family. I love it when they come to visit. It was a little tight with 7 adults and 8 kids stuffed into the house, but we managed. I did get to share a bed with Marian which wasn't as bad as I feared. Actually, all us girls slept in one room- Me, Marian, Katie and Callie. All the older boy cousins shared Joshua's room. 3 of them squeezed in tight. Oh, you want to know who was there?
Well, My sister Miranda came over from Oklahoma with her hubby Dan. And my brother Andy and his wife, Kera, and their kids drove up from Mississippi. This was especially rough for them since Kera is 35 weeks pregnant, and nothing is comfortable at this point. Our kids had a ball together though. And I thoroughly enjoyed getting to spend time with my siblings and their spouses, who also happen to be siblings. Hey, don't be like that! This is Arkansas you know! Just kidding. Andy's wife is the sister of Miranda's husband, which means that my siblings married a set of siblings. Its very convenient and they are both fantastic, so it works out well for all of us.

Anyway, on to the weekend. It was fun. My family rocks, nuff said. And here are a few pix for your viewing enjoyment....

Winner of the cute factor here is Matthew and Aaron. They both have the cutest grins, but I especially like Matthew since he looks an awful lot like Delaney. And he was having waaay too much fun in Grandma's fountain.
My sister Miranda and her Dan. They are way cool and a lot of fun.



Marian found a soul-mate in her cousin Katie. They played horses for hours. They also had another game called "cheetas" which involved a lot of shrieking and running and clawing. But they had a great time together, and Marian was very sad to see them go.

This is Nathan. He is the reason I can't wait for Joshua to grow a bit older. Nathan is a great kid and he was so cute with Delaney. He also humored Joshua, who had issues with the boys playing with HIS legos.

Now, I have to tell you about my least favorite part of living here. The ticks. If I were truly committed to sharing everything with you here, I would have gotten pictures, but the ick factor on ticks is too great. The only thoughts in my mind when I see them is, Gross! And then I want to vomit. But they don't usually just go away, so I have to deal with it. I picked ticks off all the kids this weekend. Callie is the winner for biggest tick and for most on her ears. Joshua had the tiniest ones, but his cousin Aaron won for having the most attached- he had 6 that needed removing. After all that, I am feeling slightly better about my ability to spot and remove the tiny buggers, but I still don't like them!


No comments: