Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Marian's Turn

A funny thing happened today. As I was carting the girls through Walmart, Marian asked me "When I grow up, will I be a woman or a mom?" She does ask odd things, and we had a discussion of what it means to be a woman vs. what it means to be a mom. I thought it went well. Then she says "When I get old, I do not want to be ugly!"


Interesting. When did she fixate on looks? I mumbled something about growing up and looks not being important. She said, loudly, "When I'm old, I do not want to be ugly like her!" and she pointed to an older lady in the cereal aisle. I was quite embarassed and I didn't really know how to spin that to sound okay to someone who did not know this kid!


She does have her sweet moments though. I gave her a horse book today and she read it over and over. Its so cute when she "reads" aloud. She totally can't read, but she makes up the story and its too cute.

Here is my little reader. She loves the pictures.... and she really loves horses.


You talking to me?


Yeah, I'm cute... and bashful.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

did the woman hear her? Did you grin sheepishly and shrug? She looks a lot like you in these pictures!

Beau & Lenette said...

Once again I couldn't help but laugh, this time really hard! Only because it didn't happen to me, I would have been mortified!!
Olivia is constantly asking me "When I'm a mommy can I....wash the dishes, wear a bra, shave my legs, use the remote, etc." Drives me a little crazy!