The family put on a 5k race on Saturday morning. It was a lot of fun! Despite the altitude, Marian, Callie, Dan and I ran in it. And Dad. And lots of other family. I think there were around 30 of us? The hill at the halfway point nearly did me in, but I was pleased with my run. Marian left me in the dust. And I know there are more photos out there, but I don't seem to have them on hand. If I find them, I'll edit to add them.
Dad ran a good race.

Having run with him most of the summer, I know this was the first time he ran more than 2 miles.

I think the face says it all!

He and Marian went back to run in with Callie and her cousin-friend Zoey.

And Dad won the award for "The Most Mature Runner".
I will mention that one of my favorite parts about the race is the yellow caution tape they swiped from across the street's construction site. They used the caution tape as our finishers tape. And for each person crossing the finish line (on a very public and busy street corner!), Aunt Sally and one of her daughters would hold up the tape for you to run through. A few runners who were not in our group came running down the sidewalk. They looked confused, but were encouraged to run through the tape to much cheering. I felt like a participant in an Improv Everywhere stunt! It was a lot of fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment