Dad's Annual Pie Party was held on July 4th, to maximize potential attendance. Invites went out, and the yard was set up. We put up several canopies, to create shade, or as was the case, keep the rain off. The weather was questionable all day, but the rain held off till half way through the event.

The line up of this years pies. We made 25, plus the 2 mini gluten free Oreo Caramel pies for Steven.

The pre-party cutting of the pies.

The kids did a nice job on the signs again this year!

Here is the set up. It worked really well. I thought it was clever to put the cold pies in another pie pan filled with ice. Unfortunately..... if you cut through the bottom of the pie tin whilst cutting the pie, as the ice melts, you get a soggy pie. Oops. Fortunately, the pies were well received and devoured.

I even tried a fancy crust on the Cherry Pie! I know. I don't do fruit pies. Dad made this one. I just did the crust!

Here are the grandkids who helped eat all that pie!

No comments:
Post a Comment