Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Spring Break: Miyajima

 Since we had guests who needed to enjoy the awesomeness that is Japan, we went to Miyajima on Tuesday.  I did not want to drive there, so we took the train.  It was so much nicer!  We walked, we roamed, we shopped, we devoured okonomiyaki (every plate was licked clean!), and we went to the aquarium.  It was a gorgeous day and we had a most excellent time.

Enjoying the local JR train.

Train is more fun than driving! 

Marian was bored, but Adrian enjoyed it. 

Hanging out on the ferry. 

Of course, Callie brought a bag of grass to feed the deer.  They love her. 

My "I was there" photo with the iconic Torii Gate behind me. 

Rylee wanted a photo. 

And she wanted a picture with this deer. 

Delaney and the Miyajima Torii. 

We got to see this wedding couple, which was much cooler in person. 

Rylee's face in this cracks me up.  I do not know what was going on here! 

The obligatory ice cream.  Because Japan has amazing ice cream and it makes the hangry go away.

And Josh wanted a steamed bun.  It was so cute to hear him order in Japanese. I was so proud.

My delightful offspring, waiting at the okonomiyaki restaurant. 

Silliness. 

And delicious okonomiyaki!

The aquarium was fun. 

The fish are pretty cool. 

Hee hee hee! 

I love this one of Rylee. 

And someone has a photobomber! 

Enjoying the fish. 

Impressed with the starfish pool. 

You were allowed to touch them and hold them. 

The penguins were fun and the one in front put on a show. 

We also saw the sea lion show, which was good. It was a lot of walking but the kids were amazing and trucked along without complaint.  

No comments: