Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Month of the Military Child

 I have some amazing children.  They are resilient and roll with the changes and do it with a great attitude.  April has been Month of the Military Child, and the schools did some stuff honoring them.  I have discovered that not everyone rejoices in the blessings of being a Military Brat. Some people find it sad and depressing and overwhelming.  Some people harp about how hard it is.  I say poopy.  It is what it is. And it is whatever you make of it.  Parents set the tone for how their children react and we treat it as a blessing and an adventure. And I think my kids are Rock Stars!

The girls had eye appointments at 8:10 in the morning and we arrived in the parking lot at 7:59.  I told the girls we could just wait in the car, since Colors would play at 8:00.  Nope.  They were really excited because across the parking lot and field is Building One, where the official flag goes up and they had never seen it go up during Colors.  So they hopped out to stand at attention to watch it.  You can barely se the flag waving in front of the far building there.

And Delaney made this vest herself!  I got some old camies donated for my came/flag project, and these exceedingly old ones were in the bag.  Delaney was thrilled and immediately made this vest.  And wore it all day/.

Delaney's picture and haiku about being in the military.  I kind of love her a lot.

No comments: